Monday, June 13, 2016

My Summer So Far

I'm really glad that I'm able to be in YWiC again this year, especially in the alum class where we have three weeks instead of the two we had last year. I'm looking forward to learning and creating new projects.

So last year at this time I probably would have told you that all I did was sit and watch TV, or went swimming, but this year I went on a trip right after school got out. First I travelled to New York City, before flying to London. We then went to Paris for about 5 hours, before going to Germany where we spent the majority of the trip.

In New York City I got to go see Hamilton, the hottest musical on Broadway right now. Last night it won 11 Tony awards including Best Musical! It was nominated for 16, with some actors and actresses going up against their own co-stars. After the show I ended up being able to go back stage and get on the stage to meet the actors and actresses. The main lead, Lin-Manuel Miranda had to leave right after the show, but I got to see almost everyone else.
^ Daveed Diggs, who plays Lafayette/Thomas Jefferson (Tony Award Winner) ^
^ Renee Elise Goldsberry, who plays Angelica Schuyler (Tony Award Winner) ^
^ Leslie Odom Jr., who plays Aaron Burr (Tony Award Winner) ^
^ Rory O'Malley, who is the third person to play King George ^

In London I got to go to the Harry Potter studios, the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey and the replica of the Globe, where I got to see The Taming of the Shrew. We also got to walk around London and see the city. I also got to see the bridge that they 'blew up' in the sixth Harry Potter film, but we did not have time to cross it, but we saw it.
^ The Tower of London ^
^ Model of the Harry Potter ^
^ The theatre for J.K. Rowling's new play ^
 ^ Joan of Arc Statue in Notre Dame ^

After London was Paris and Germany, and sadly I don't have any pictures easily accessible to put on here from Germany, so I'll just write a quick couple of sentences. We went to the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame in Paris since we only there for about 5 hours. In Germany we went to Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Stuttgart, Grosshabersdorf, and Tubingend(?). In Cologne my mother decided it'd be a brilliant idea to make me walk up 533 stairs. It was NOT fun and the view wasn't all that good either, unlike in Berlin where there were only 267 steps and the view was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment